INVISALIGN® is an invisible orthodontic system that offers optimal clinical results. It consists of placing a sequence of transparent aligners, practically invisible, that are manufactured individually for each patient.
INVISALIGN: INVISIBLE ORTODONCY
The dentist, certified by INVISALIGN®, conducts a diagnostic study of the malocclusion of the patient. The patient, through a digital program called ClinCheck, will be able to visualize the evolution and the result of its treatment.
Currently, it is such an advanced system that allows to treat practically all dental malocclusions. It means that all those that we can deal with brackets we can treat them equally well with Invisalign®.
- Virtually unseen, because being a transparent material is mimicked with teeth.
- It is a system that works with very light forces and that is why the inconvenience it can generate is minimal. In addition, since it is such a fine material, it is difficult to make any wounds in your mouth.
- It is a system that can be put and removed by the same patient. During the meals it is necessary to remove them, allow the patient to eat all kinds of foods without restrictions.
- PERIODONTAL HEALTH
- Being a mobile system, it allows you to wash your teeth as if we did not carry any kind of device, making it easier to scratch and thus avoid possible gingival problems, spots, and even caries.
- VISUALIZATION OF THE RESULT
- Once the doctor has done the case study, the patient will be able to observe through the software Clincheck, the evolution of his treatment as well as what will be his result.
From teens to adults.
How often will I visit the doctor?
In our clinic, we cite patients every 4 weeks, especially at the beginning of treatment. Once the patient’s adaptation to the treatment mechanics is resolved, in some cases it can be spaced at 6 weeks.
When is it time to use each aligner?
The aligners must be changed every 15 days. In the last stage of the treatment, according to the doctor’s opinion, the aligners are changed every 7-10 days.
When does an Invisalign® treatment last?
It depends on the initial malocclusion. There are simple cases or small relapses that are correlated with 4-5 months, but in most cases, to correct a malocclusion, the time will vary between a year and a half and two years. One has to think that bringing the alignments is not a discomfort and the patient understands that the rush is an enemy of the result.
Is it painful?
Some people may feel a minor temporary discomfort during the first days when they put a new aligner. This is normal and is usually described as a feeling of pressure. It is a sign that the aligners are working well and the teeth move. These discomforts usually disappear in a couple of days.
Does Invisalign® affect speech and food?
The speech is not affected by the fact that it brings aligners. At the beginning, we can have minor annoyances of adaptation that are solved within 24-48 hours of carrying them. The aligners are perfectly polished and this does not cause any type of problem.
To eat they do not pose any problem; moreover, the patient has the freedom to remove the aligners, eat and brush the teeth well later.
Can I smoke with the aligners?
Smoking is not advised with the aligners placed, since they can be stained or discoloured.
Sample video of an Invisalign ClinCheck by Dra. Lacasa:
Thanks to the collaboration of a clinic patient, we show you his Clincheck (evolution and result of his treatment).
An adult who is 50 years old comes to the clinic to improve his dental aesthetics. This case presents osteointegrated implants placed at a later level and wants to solve the levelling anterior level. Dental implants are fixed, attached to the bone, and may limit the desired dental movement to the remaining teeth.
Taken into account that it is an adult that demands aesthetic treatment, with few discomforts and with dental limitations (implants placed in the mouth), we recommend the Invisalign® system to correct dental malposition and to achieve the aesthetic satisfaction of the patient. At the end of the treatment, in addition to positioning the teeth well, the periodontal health of the patient has improved. When the teeth are well aligned, the brushing is more effective, reduces the accumulation of plaque and improves periodontal health.